Saturday, September 6, 2014

7-7-2014

Bwa! Time is moving fast. I'll try to stop making comments on it all the time...but seriously, not even sure where this week went. It was an awesome one though! So...I will hit some highlights!

UPDATE:

Very busy productive week for me and Sister Van Leuvan. I love that! Seriously, we have been crazy blessed over the past 2 weeks...just going from like 3 people on the progress record 2 weeks ago to like...8 or 9. Which has been great! We've been blessed to find a lot of surprisingly solid investigators as well, just left and right. I don't know what it is! Sister Van Leuven's faith? Mine? (hopefully) Heavenly Father knowing that we're good teachers and we can help people? I hope so. It has yet to be seen exactly what will come from this up-swell of work and activity, but I'm excited to see what's coming, and I feel a general sense of well-being and happiness at the quality and quantity of work we have to do. I feel like I'm finally figuring things out and hitting my stride...which is a very nice place to be.

Also, Jessica came to church and was swallowed up by the ward in love. Good! Now just to get that girl to the waters of baptism...

I'm also going on exchanges and increasingly trying to discover exactly what my purpose is as a Sister Training Leader. Well! I'll get there. 

PROFILE:

Name: Brittany Pollard
Age (important in YSA): 25
Occupation: Nanny for her best friend's family (husband of family is a less active member)
Clothing article of choice: DR. WHO T-SHIRTS!! (which she says are her only modest options right now; we didn't even mention anything about modesty...pretty cool.)
Very inspired question Sister Van Leuven asked: "How do you feel when you recognize truth?" (led to a really great discussion)
Super awesome thing: She read the pamphlet before she came!
Even more awesome thing: SHE ALSO DOWNLOADED THE BOOK OF MORMON ONTO HER KINDLE BEFORE WE CAME!
And great music that she likes: Chumbawumba. I know because I inadvertently quoted it in the middle of a lesson, and she jammed with me.

SPIRITUAL THOUGHT:

Gonna be short today my sweet peeps...but! Cool little thought in the lesson last night with the below member's mom...we were talking about how God is the same, yesterday, today and forever, and somehow the conversation turned to the Family Proclamation...and she said, "Yeah, it wasn't in place before because it wasn't necessary. People understood what a family was." Pretty crazy, but pretty true. I've heard this age described as 'the age of possibility,' meaning that all restrictions, all structures and formats are questioned and we can do anything, basically. And questions and experimenting and figuring things out is good, as long as it's driven by an actual quest for truth and happiness, not a quest for what's going to satisfy our own pleasure or ego. I don't think I really had a testimony of the Family Proclamation before my mission...I thought it was nice, but a little awkward. My heart has been softened though, and I have an increased testimony of that document, that the principles in there are true and that they can bless us as we live them. If you haven't gotten to read it for a while, here you go!



PICTURE:



You didn't know that there was such a thing as root beer tasting and testing, did you? Well...yep! Run by a mormon family too (and apparently they give missionaries discounts ;) ). The one I'm holding there was brewed in Alaska, and had a strangely sour aftertaste...pretty fun. :)

I love you all so much! DO NOT FEAR THE PEN AND PAPER! You only have approximately 4 months and 3 weeks (oh my gosh) to feel that happy pat-on-the-back feeling for writing your favorite Sister Missionary! :D :D!!! WRITE ME!!!

Love love love,

Sister Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment