Monday, May 19, 2014

4-7-2014

Hey y'all!

Yep, so a lot of you caught it...APRIL 6TH IS OFFICIALLY CHRIST'S BIRTHDAY! And also mine, by coincidence (or by virtue of my righteousness). :P I have to confess, when Elder Bednar said that, I silently thanked him for advertising my birthday with all those I'd joked about April 6th with. THANK YOU to so many of you who took the time to write me a quick birthday note. I'mma print 'em all and read 'em when I need to feel loved. ;)

Inline image 1
UPDATE:

Not too much to report...rather slow week, but still good. I am having a lot of fun with my companion, Sister Steinacker. She is a bit of a nerd, and...A WHITE-YELLOW PERSONALITY TYPE! MY FAVORITE! :P We are getting along well and having fun. I just need to avoid being a natural man selfish-bum, and we will continue to have fits of giggles as we tramp around Beverly Park ward knocking on doors. It's the bomb.

PROFILE:

Name: Carla Belgum
Super-power: all things animal. Dog-training, dog-discussing...also super-power of incredible offense at the stupidity of people in regards to animals. She can talk about it for hours.
Super-weakness: Messy house. Very messy house.
Reason she picked our church: We were persistent! And we got her a ride! Yaaaayyy...!
Impressive fact: She has read the Book of Mormon all the way through Alma 35. I'm super pleased. And she's at church most every week. *score...!*
Reason I love her: BEST HUGS. And when we come over every so often for dinner, she agonizes what to make us and then grinds up a bunch of frozen peas and carrots into a smoothie. MMMMmmmmm...
WHAT I'M PUMPED FOR: Her baptism date of April 26th! 19 days away!! And all she's got to do is quit smoking in those 19 days. *whewwww* We'll be teaching about it tonight, and praying about it. She can do it, but it won't be easy.

THOUGHT:

Oh man. Did you watch conference? I sure hope so. It was pretty awesome, and I'm really looking forward to the text coming out so I can READ and study them. Favorites included Elder Holland, Elder Bednar, Elder Zwick, Elder Adjikitus, Elder Scott, Elder Nelson and Sister Reeves. I heard that Priesthood session was pretty rockin too, so I look forward to reading/watching some of those addresses (in all my free time). Spiritual thought that would relate...I just really enjoyed feeling the spirit after all those addresses. I have faith that we are lead by men (and women) who are close to God, and who direct us to the way that will most promote receiving blessings of lasting happiness, joy and peace of conscience. 

PICTURE:

Inline image 1

The family that fed us last night gave me a crown and made cupcakes for my birthday. Chocolate with white frosting! How did they know?!?
Inline image 1

Love you all, stay safe and live the Gospel!

Sister Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment