Sunday, November 23, 2014

11-10-2014

NOT...even gonna say how many weeks I have left, cause it's a little embarrassing...but suffice it to say that this is either my second to last or third to last email. So! There might be a little bit of a hiccup Thanksgiving week because our Pday is being moved to Thanksgiving...so who knows whether or not I'll be able to email 2 weeks from now (just a heads up), but! Today I can, so I will :)

UPDATE:

So! Pretty good week this week if a LITTLE tumultuous at the start. Pday last week (post-last week's email) was pretty brutal, because...just a big combination of bad things happened at once (someone handing me what I thought was anti, a less active freaking out...etc.)...so it wasn't exACTLY the chill calming day Pday is supposed to be...but that's alright. After that, the week got better :) We got to see Meet the Mormons in Zone Conference, and it was pretty darn cool. We also are continuing to work with Rachel and Brandon, who are both on date for after I leave (:/)...but Brandon came to church this week and stayed for all 3 hours AND potluck AND came to cottage meeting in the evening, so that was fly. And Rachel's progressing pretty well too. Also picked up a new investigator Zac this week, who's really open and eager to learn. College contacting people. It works. :D

PROFILE:

Name: Diego Carrion (roll the R)
Thing he will tell you right off the bat meeting him: He is fluent in Spanish, and is a dual citizen of the United States and Ecuador (roll the R)
Favorite Accessories: Hipster glasses, plaid shirts buttoned to the neck, fancy church shoes
How he would describe himself: Deep thinker; avid student; one who longs to take his guitar into the mountains and strum until the sun goes down...(about 4pm in Washington)
Employment: Computer Science yada yada
Recent cool missionary experience in his life: His girlfriend, unbeknownst to him, started taking the missionary lessons and has recently (like last week) gotten baptized!
Hobbies: Collecting church books, learning stories about Porter Rockwell, playing long games of Risk
Reason we like going to dinner with him: He takes us to super nice places, AND tells us church history stories
Reason we're embarrassed to go to dinner with him: These super nice places are super expensive...:X
Thing he doesn't know, but that makes him really funny: His singing voice...is very loud.
How he ends his prayers: 'In the name of Jesus Christ...Ahmen.' (the correct way)
One reason I love his presence in the Halls Lake YSA Ward: Our ward has been described as having at least 2 people from every High School clique...and if we didn't have at least ONE hipster-nerd, we would definitely be out of balance.

SPIRITUAL THOUGHT:

This scripture kept coming to mind this week, so I thought I would share it.

D&C 124:15

"And again, verily I say unto you, blessed is my servant Hyrum Smith; for I, the Lord, love him because of the integrity of his heart, and because he liveth that which is right before me, saith the Lord."

I love that; the Lord loves this man because of the integrity of his heart. I looked up the word Integrity, and it means 'adherence to a code of values, soundness, completeness.' Integrity is something I want to pursue throughout my life. Integrity (being the same person in every circumstance; church, school, online, what have you) is also the easiest and most satisfactory way to share the gospel. As we become more Christlike internally, people should be able to know Christ better as they get to know us, because we are emulating him and trying to be consistently like him in all circumstances of our lives.

I know I still need help purifying my heart and desires, but I know that as I pray for this, God will help me. Life is easier without all the baggage of wanting what the world wants. So I'll be working on that, especially as I'm preparing to come home. :)

PICTURE:


We had fun Weekly Planning this week. Maybe a little too much fun...;P

Love you all! This really is...pretty much your last chance to write. So if you're ever gonna do it, DO IT NOW! (my address is on my Facebook cover page ;P) XOXOXOX

Sister Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment