Sunday, November 23, 2014

10-27-2014

Seriously crazy how fast time is passing. Kinda scary. KINDA REALLY SCARY.

And speaking of things passing quickly, this is going to be a quick email. Cause I got lazy and took my time reading all the great things y'all wrote me. So thanks for that. ;)

SO!

UPDATE:

Things are going well! A little bit of a stressful week...I don't know if it's the turn in weather or Satan, but some of our gators are starting to get cold feet (not as many as the poor elders though; they got dropped pretty hard this week.). Not TOO badly...there's still definitely hope...but Brandon got really wound up about the Race and the Priesthood concern, and Kevin's really nervous about his family being cool with him being baptized, and...whew. Still working though! Of course. And still loving Sister Stringfellow. She is so sweet and down to earth, and a bit of a powerhouse. There are still some communication things that we're working on...but that's natural in the first couple weeks of living 24/7 with someone, wouldn't you say?

PROFILE:

Name: Kevin!
Age: 23
How we found him: at his cousin's baptism. He was feeling the spirit really strongly, and said that he wanted to learn about these things for himself.
The good things! He's so positive and sweet, always calls us 'sisters' in his texts, keeping his commitments, and he came to church this last week!
The hard things: He's...kinda nervous about committing to the church. He's filipino, so the majority of his family is Catholic, and he's pretty scared to go against the grain. Luckily he lives with his cousin who just got baptized, and his cousin helps him out so much.
Highlights of the past week: Great lesson with Lans (our WML), the Bishop and his wife! And he came to church the next day!
What we're grateful for: Lans is a rocking fellowshipper; there, will call/text him, give him rides, he stuck with him at church...we're super grateful for the support.

SPIRITUAL THOUGHT:

Alma 58:11

"Yea, and it came to pas that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him."

I love this. This verse comes at a pivotal part of the war chapters when the Nephite armies are badly outnumbered, in need of men and supplies, and facing a host that was 'innumerable'. I've felt this way too; when my spiritual and emotional resources are depleted, when I feel like I'm doing the best I can and it's still not enough...it is so sweet to me to know that at those times we can request those assurances from Heavenly Father. And really, if we can feel that peace, even in the midst of turmoil, what problems do we really even have? I know I felt that as I was praying for help through some of Brandon's concerns, and I received that assurance. The Lord will give us enough to sustain us through times of trouble.

PICTURE:

We had a super amazing Halloween party this week! It was so great! And here's a picture or two to prove it ;)


Search for the candies in the whipped creme dish activity. Sweet. (Literally ;P)


I love you all! Keep me in your prayers for these next...5 weeks!

XOXO

Sister Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment