Sunday, March 16, 2014

2-3-2014

Hey y'all!

So 8 months out. Whew! That's pretty good. :) Almost at the half way point, and it still feels like I just got here! Pretty crazy. People say that a mission becomes just life after a while, and I can see what they're saying. Starting to understand the weirdness of adjusting out...

AN UPDATE:

We're doing pretty well down here in Clearview. :) Transfers are coming up next week, so we will know THEN whether the 4 months of same area/same companion will continue or be at an end. I really do feel like I live here now, and so the idea of moving is scary...but part of that is that I've grown to love the people and love my companion, and so have sort of forgotten about life elsewhere, outside this ward. But I guess that's how it's supposed to be. :) Some great things: Got our eternigator closer to a date for baptism this week, and have gotten some wonderful new investigators (Rachel, Lindsay) as well as some old ones going strong (Lance), SO...we're enjoying ourselves and doing our best to work hard every day. 

A PROFILE:

Name: Lance Gibson
Age: 50's ish
Accessory of choice: padded plaid jacket
Interesting Religious Belief: He's a Messianic Jew, which I didn't even quite know existed!
Preferred decor: Ranch theme, complete with wagon wheel lamp and buffalo skulls
Reason we love him: He actually listens to us, and recognizes that if the things we tell him are true, that it's a really big deal. And he's accepted a soft invite to be baptized!

A THOUGHT:

This is going to be quickish--and I apologize in advance! Buuutt...Helaman does a really good job of withholding judgement and doing all things that stand within his power, even when he doesn't have the full picture and could very well freak out and concoct a wild crazy story about why everything's gone wrong and blame the government and stop doing his awesome job of leading Nephite armies and such. He does not do this thing, and instead, "pours out [his] soul in prayer unto God" when he doesn't have a full understanding, and is then "visited with assurances" that they will be delivered (Alma 58:10-11). It's pretty rad. I obviously have a lot to learn from him, and make a blanket apology now to all that I've freaked out on and passed rapid judgement about. I could certainly do better at relying on the Lord for peace and guidance.

A PICTURE:

Inline image 1
This is me with Jean and Sarah. Jean is an investigator, has MS and can use help and company. Sarah is incredibly energetic and bright, the one I wrote the profile on last week.

Alright, I love you all! Never fear to just toss a letter in the mail for me. ;) Loving the work though, and doing fine. Loving you too!

Sister Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment