Monday, December 2, 2013

11/12/13

Best date ever, right? Right.

Alright, because our Mission Prez told us we could only have an hour today instead of the normal two, I'mma do this in...5 minutes! Just to let you all know that I'm still here and breathing and all that.

UPDATE:

Decent week, had our first investigator at church of the transfer (yay!), and kept chugging. Feeling a lot more comfortable in the area for sure and loving the ward. Also my missionary skills are improving (which hopefully doesn't mean I'm becoming more aggressive :P Just...more direct, maybe! More focused on my purpose, there we go. :P).

Spiritual Thought:

So, it's hard to read Alma 5 and not feel like you have some serious work to do...but I'm reading it and feeling alright. Probably because I'm on my mission and have little choice BUT to be a productive little servant of the Lord. (:P) However, this verse stuck out to me this morning...

It's asking how these people could have the assurance they were saved, and it says

vs 13) "And behold, he preached the word unto your fathers, and a mighty change was also wrought in their hearts, and they humbled themselves and put their trust in the true and living God. And behold, they were faithful until the end; therefore they were saved."

Pretty awesome. Though God also requires us to be baptized and recieve the Gift of the Holy Ghost, our personal change of heart is a crucial part of our preparing to meet God (and 'be saved'--people have abused that phrase). A change of heart is found as we humble ourselves and trust in God.

I know the church is true. It becomes very clear out here in the mission field, maybe because the opposition is that much stronger.

I love you all so much! Thanks for writing, and keep it up!

Sister Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment