Monday, September 2, 2013

8/5/2013



8/5/2013

Hey y'all!

Super short today; apologies. And I have no camera cord, so no pictures. Blek.

Experience: This week we miraculously found an investigator that we had totally lost contact with. She was super on fire, and then she just dropped off the face of the earth...but Sister Wayman felt like we should go see her after going to a member dinner, so we DID...and it was wonderful. She was home and totally still into our coming around. She's accepted a soft invite to be baptized (there are soft and hard invites, if you didn't know. Seriously, get with the mission lingo.) and we felt super blessed to be around to watch her develop into her relationship with God.

I'm doing great! We taught 20 lessons this week, which is AWESOME, and have a goal to teach even more this week. Sister Wayman and I work really well together and are having a lot of fun. As to specifics...I've started to run in the mornings, which is awesome (not far and not long, but still), and I'm ever seeing how people struggle coming off of mission life. I've only been here 2 months, and it's pretty clear the transition out is going to be a little messy...but I've got a while till I have to deal with that. Never thought I would say it in the first couple weeks of my mission though, and here I am already.

Thought!

1 Nephi 15:24

"And I said unto them that it (speaking of the rod of iron) was the word of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction."

I just like this; it's a promise that if we hearken (hear and act on) to the word of God (the scriptures, words of the prophets, personal revelation, etc), and hold to it, that we will be supported in temptation and liberated from the blindness of the world. That's pretty cool; that something as simple as reading the scriptures and acting accordingly can have such powerful spiritual impact. I know that that's true...and if you haven't been reading, start reading! :P

I love you all. Thanks for your support thus far...and keep me updated about your lives, I wanna know what's going on!

Sister Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment