Monday, September 2, 2013

8/12/2013

Hey y'all!

Alright, a little short today I guess...but here goes! 2 weeks from transfers and almost 3 months out. Crazy. I'm starting to worry that I'm going to be awkward when I get home. Maybe that's one of the reasons I've been put in a YSA ward to start out; to keep me fresh, crazy and normal. It may all go down the tubes though if I get transferred to a family ward this next time about, just letting you know. :X

So! How do I do these again? Ermmm...

An Update:

Work's going well! It was a bit of a tough week because we dropped like...5 or 6 investigators. Whew! Mostly those we couldn't get in contact with/were homeless and we couldn't find/weren't reading...but we had one girl drop us (Patience) who I thought had a lot of potential, which was a bummer. She had read through like...2 Nephi in one week. But...! Her time will come, we're hoping. On the flip side, we found Jessica Hernandez (like we mentioned last week), and she's got a baptismal date for September 7th! :D May have to move it because it's stake conference, but it's super exciting and a huge blessing to work with her. We're teaching her later tonight.

An Experience:

So last night Sister Wayman and I were knocking doors because the person we had gone to visit wasn't there...and we commented to each other that neither of us had ever been let in to a door we knocked tracting. It's just kind of not the culture, right? Anyway, we knocked one door where a nice lady informed us that she was very Christian etc., and had to get to bed, then knocked another one...and they let us right in. Wow! There goes never having been let in, right? We sat down and talked to this older guy and his wife for a minute, and...turns out he was born into a Polygamous home, was formerly FLDS and now is a fundamentalist Christian. And...then came the bash fest. Or what could've been a bash fest, had Sister Wayman and I chosen to engage (around whether or not baptism was necessary to enter the kingdom of God, that sort of thing)...but luckily we chose not to engage and we got out of there pretty peacefully. A definite blessing. 

A thought:

1 Nephi 19:3

"And thus we see that the commandments of God must be fulfilled. And if it so be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them; wherefore he did provide means for us while we did sojourn in the wilderness."

I love this verse; I've been sharing it all week. I love that it says that if we choose to keep the commandments of God (an act of faith), that he will nourish us and strengthen us; enable us to do it. That's incredible. So if you think it's too hard, think again. All things are possible with God.

And I wish I could do a picture, but the camera cord hasn't turned up yet which is making me super unmotivated to take pictures. I'll try to sort it out, but it's hard when you're not googling stuff. ;)

I love you all! And I continue to love to hear from you. Please send mail! It's so fun for me to get, and really brightens up the week. Not to mention that Sister Wayman's mail pull has totally been putting me to shame. :P Have a great week everyone, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Sister Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment