Monday, June 3, 2013

MTC Second Post

Alrrriiiiiiggghhhhttt...:D So my wonderful family (and friends, as appropriate). I love you! Thank you for sending me sweet emails and Dear Elders and whatever else, I've loved hearing from you. Unfortunately this week is going to be a little short, but I'm going to do the best I can with a RESPONSE and a SUMMARY and...a scripture or something at the end.
Summary! (brief) We've been teaching a couple of 'investigators' in preparation for the real thing. We've taught Claudia and Qian, one with a Christian background, and one without. It's been interesting...and maybe a little easy comparable to how it would be in the real world (Baptismal challenge on the second meeting? ACCEPTED.). But fun, and definitely instructive. I can see why they're giving us reasonable success; they want to prep us with some 'I'm a good missionary experiences' before the world tears you down (making way for Christ to build you back up). It's been fun.
The spirit is really wonderful here. My district (I'M SENDING PICTURES, watch for another email...) is really wonderful, we're getting tighter and laughing harder all the time. The food is great, I'm striving not to eat to much and occasionaly it works! My testimony is also growing by leaps and bounds. I love the Book of Mormon; it is so thick but clear.
Couple important things:
We fly out on TUESDAY (OHH my goodness), which means I won't have another Pday (likely) till next Monday (steel yourselves). Pray for me! ANNNNDDD...I'm almost 10 minutes over, so I'm going to end with a scripture:
D&C 97:8
"Verily I say unto you, all among them who know their hearts are honest, and are broken, and their spirits contrite and are willing to observe their covenants by sacrifice--yea, every sacrifice which I, the Lord, shall command--they are accepted of me."
Love that, especially the 'know their hearts are honest'. Alright, not obeying with exactness, gotta go.
LOVE YOU A MILLION (and probably won't get the pictures out. :( NEXT WEEK!
Bronwen (Sister Hale)

No comments:

Post a Comment